Wednesday, May 16, 2018

WOYWW #467 Flashback

Normally, there would be a picture of my desk this week. But frankly, I don't have the stamina to take the picture. I've managed to pinch a nerve in my left hip and I'm just not comfortable right now. The pinched nerve is effecting not only my hip but up the left side and into my arm. I think it's because of the time I've spent in my recliner with the laptop the past three days. While it appears to be a comfortable place to work, I'm thinking my hip is disagreeing.

I first began playing with the WOYWW crew on May 18, 2011. This is what my desk looked like:


I was in my basement studio.. and in a lot of ways, preferred this desk for working. If I were still on a desk this height I might not be having the hip problems I am today. 

What I do notice is that while the arrangement is different, the same tools are still in use.  So I have a question for you this week. How has your space or tools changed since you first began playing with the WOYWW crew? I'd love to know!

I did want to let you all know I am participating in the annual ATC swap next week. I will have 12 to swap. I make 13.. keep #1 for my page then swap out the other 12. The person below my name on the list with an asteric is an automatic swap. The remaining 11 will be up for grabs. 

That's it for my desk this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, I do hope your hip is easing off. I've had sciatica in the past, so know just how awful hip problems feel.Tools, eh? Well, I still use my scalpel & ruler for most of my cutting, although the ruler is now a TH one! I still use some of my acrylic blocks, and even though I have the TH platform, occasionally still use my oldfashioned stamp positioner. Good question, I need to look and see what else I use. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz XxX #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, that sounds uncomfortable! Hope it eases up soon! My craft room has moved a few times (from the smallest to the largest bedroom now) and I still haven't got enough room. I need a child to move out so I can have more storage space! Tool wise, the biggest difference is the electronics - a Gemini and and a scan n cut. I don't use either all the time but they do have their uses and the gemini in particular is a boon when the wrists don't want to play. Would love to swap next week, I think I asked before but memory is a bit hazy. I'll send you a message. Happy WOYWW Cindy #16

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly. Ouch! that sounds really painful - I do trust it eases soon for you. So... craft room... I started on the dining table at our previous home. Everything had to be put away each mealtime. Now, in this home I use the landing at the top of the stairs, and things can stay out - or the dining table for sewing - or the settee for knitting or crochet1!! Yup - crafting spreads like wildfire, especially since John died 20 months ago - I've even begun to sneak up and take over his art pace!! Scalpel and ruler I still use the same as I always have. I'm not good with a guillotine. I was given a big shot as a thank you present some years back, and have just treated myself to a Gemini. My style is quite simple - I love space, so tend not to completely cover things with embellishments etc., but LOVE using my own photographs in different ways.
    If you still have an ATC to spare, I'd love to swap this year. I have your address from a previous swap.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, I've been on WOYWW less than a year, but my space has changed dramatically. Hubby built me a new craft room, rather than the tiny desk I had. I haven't been crafting long either, so am pretty much using what I started with, but I did get a scan & Cut last year, and bought a stamping platform. Hooe your hip gets better soon .... I have a recurring shoulder problem, very painful at times. Have a lovely week, Heather x #12

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read about your hip. It definitely sounds painful and maybe a pinched nerve or two, also. I hope you find relief soon.

    I started joining Julia in March, 2010 and was around for the first WOYWW party and I've been around to all the rest. My workspaces have never changed, I stand to work unless I'm sewing mostly paper to paper.

    So glad to reminisce and it was fun to see you live in the Ozarks. I live "next door" in Wichita, KS. Happy WOYWW from #3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly, you poor thing. I hope the hip gets better soon. Happy woyww, Angela x23x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly so sorry to hear about that nerve, ouch! Hope you are soon feeling a little more motivated and the problem goes away.
    Good to see your revisit of your older work space, as I don't have one area it's something I aspire to have an area with a door that I can close during non crafting times!! Although I do try and keep those essential tools together well most of the time. Thank you for sharing WOYWW and get well soon.
    Tracey #5

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your pinched nerve! I hope you can get it taken care of quickly. Your flashback of your desk is is fun! I just don’t have the energy since moving to Blog yet! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your hip eases soon and you can get moving again soon. My space hasn't changed (got a bit more surrounded by stuff) since I starting WOYWWing. More paint about though as I do more mixed media stuff now. helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh Kelly, I do hope the hip pain eases soon. My space hasn't changed much at all, except I have a few more items closer to hand for easy reach. I haven't been playing along nearly as long as you though; my blog only turns 3 in August! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete